Awake Overnight Counselor
- Hampton, NH
- Full-time, Part-time
- Salary: $15.00 to $16.00 /hour
Welcome to The Becket Family of Services! BFOS is a rapidly growing alliance of nonprofit agencies founded in 1964, with the goal of helping struggling adolescents find a “zest for life” and succeed in the “business of life.”
Mount Prospect Academy (MPA), one of the core agencies in the Becket alliance, has evolved to offer a variety of mental health support services to a diverse population of “hard to treat” and “difficult to place” adolescence. Our targeted services include home and community-based treatment, residential treatment programs, group homes, and special education schools. MPA is known for its ability to achieve successful outcomes with difficult-to-serve individuals throughout New England.
MPA at Hampton, located in Hampton, NH, specializes in providing Enhanced Residential Treatment, Comprehensive Assessment & Short-term Treatment (CAST), and Shelter Care for girls between the ages of 11-20 who have experienced complex developmental trauma and demonstrate a variety of disorders and pathologies.
MPA at Hampton is committed to providing individualized comprehensive treatment services to our clients. Our students, in response to their life experiences; can present with a constellation of adaptive mechanisms that have become distressing symptoms. These symptoms often present as self-harm, substance abuse, depression, anxiety, aggression, suicidality, as well as disordered eating. We believe the students who come to us deserve a safe and secure environment where they can find hope and healing.
Overnight Residential Counselor Responsibilities & Opportunities:
Our programming affords children and adolescents the opportunity to build meaningful relationships with others, to grow and discover their gifts, and realize their potential to thrive. As an overnight counselor, you will be the centerpiece of making our commitment a reality. You will have many opportunities to grow as a professional and to impact the lives of our residents including, but not limited to:
Impact on Residents:
- Ensuring adequate program coverage and supervision for our residents.
- Educate our residents on responsibilities of daily living like hygeine, cleaning, dressing, hygiene, and other duties they have not been exposed to.
- Refine students’ social skills, interpersonal skills, habilitation skills, and coping mechanisms through the development of respectful & positive relationships.
- Be a positive role model to help shape growth and build trust.
- Help their development of polite communication skills and respectfulness to authority.
- You are the first line of support to provide emotional stability during moments of crisis and help process with students to bring them back to baseline.
- Discover meaningful coping mechanisms to deal with crisis or high stress situations for residents.
Opportunities for Career Growth:
- Competitive compensation, benefits, overtime, and vacation time.
- Ongoing training options to further education and proficiency in field.
- Flexibility to lead initiatives and bring your personal experience and passions to the work place.
- Personal Career Development plans for candidates interested in rising to leadership position within the organization.
- Potential tuition reimbursement plans & further education for qualified candidates.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan (403B)
- STD & LTD
- Life Insurance
- AD & D
- Comprehensive wellness initiatives
- Paid time off
- Employee discount program
- Expense reimbursement
- Further education opportunities for qualified candidates
MPA at Hampton is in beautiful Hampton, NH, just minutes from Hampton Beach. Hampton is ranked in the top ten places to live in NH and top five places to live for young professionals. Hampton offers a variety of opportunities for residents with numerous restaurants and shopping locations, as well as being just a short drive from many ski mountains, hiking trails, beaches, parks, and other towns & cities like Boston, Portsmouth, Exeter, Dover, and Newburyport. Hampton is also close to the University of New Hampshire, Merrimack College, Franklin Pierce College, Southern New Hampshire University, and Northern Essex Community College, who offer higher education courses.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree or 60 college credits.
- OR the equivalent of 2 years of full-time experience working with children.
- OR any combination of credits in human services & experience with children that totals 2 years.
- OR 7 years of parenting experience.
- Valid driver’s license preferred & 21 + years of age.
- Authorized to work in the United States (Required).
- Satisfactory completion of background and applicable pre employment checks.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour to $16.00 /hour by experience
Application Process: By applying to the position you will let our team know you are interested. We are currently hiring, and we will reach out shortly to set up a time for an interview.
Mount Prospect Academy (MPA) assures equal opportunity and public access and, if necessary, affirmative action in all its policies regarding employment and provision of services. MPA does not discriminate in its hiring, programs or policies on the bases of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, disability, sex, marital status or sexual orientation.